My English Language Journey

My parents played a significant role in this journey of learning English Language. My education in English began at home with my parents communicating with me in English. My mother was a homemaker as well as a teacher and so she was the one who helped me the most with English Language. My father used to communicate with me in English and Urdu both, as he wanted to make sure I am good at both languages. So, I was able to learn English language more from my mother. I was able to learn English through the conversation and listening. The best gift my father used to give to me every time was a book. He must knew that Margaret fuller said; Today a reader, tomorrow a leader. I had so many story books and that's how I developed my love for reading books. I consider this as a blessing that from the beginning they helped me with developing healthy habits which were not only fun but helpful as well. As the years passed by I realized English became my favorite subject. Since then I started working on it, I tried finding ways to improve it, to make it better, to be a fluent speaker and while finding the ways out my father stood beside me and helped me. It was he who gave me the confidence to speak. I soon found out that reading, writing, watching movies with the subtitles, speaking and even some vocabulary games can be a lot of help in learning English Language. My mother used to encourage me for speeches and elocution and helped me with it. Not just my mother but my principal and teachers were also the ones who used to encourage me and prepare me. English has been my favorite subject since Grade one and so English teachers were always my favorite. I consider myself lucky because my English teachers were always there to support me and encourage me. I am so grateful for the opportunities my teachers gave to me, for the lessons they taught, for the constant support and for their love. They really did work hard on me and my skills. But it was my mother who saw the soul of a writer in me and asked me to start writing. At the age of Twelve I started writing on different topics, I wrote essays, poems, articles, plays, speeches, and short stories. It was a great start and then I never stopped. I then created a blog and now I am writing a book. This journey of learning English language started sixteen to seventeen years before and its been amazing so far. I don't really have any bad experiences with my teachers because without them this wouldn't be possible. I had the best English teachers. Keeping English Language aside, there is another language that I have always wanted to speak and now that It's been years of learning English Language I am looking forward to learn French. I just hope It don't take a lot of years. So the journey of learning English Language started years back and it's going to continue forever because one should never stop learning. The people who stood there beside me throughout this journey were my parents, my teachers and my principals and without them I wouldn't be who I am today. 

Comments